Reply to this topicStart new topic
Meet the Nerd Girls
Spaced4SimonPegg
post Dec 11 2010, 08:43 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,582

Hello. We are a new addition to the CR podcast family. Just wanted to say "Hello" smile.gif and let everyone know about the Nerd Girl's Eye View Podcast. We are 3 nerd girls (Sapph, Spazzy & Spaced) who talk all things geek. Discussing news, gadgets, games, comics and we have a challenge portion of the show where the listeners can challenge us to things such as reading certain comics, books and movies. Give us a listen and tell us what you think biggrin.gif

Nerd Girls Eye View Episode #1

Nerd Girls Eye View Episode #2

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
doombug
post Dec 11 2010, 09:16 PM
Post #2

Eric Ratcliffe

Member No.: 2,668

Welcome to the family and I noticed you had started posting a few weeks ago. cool.gif

Digging the show so far, you ladies are knocking it out of the park and add a much needed new voice to the cr podcast's.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SapphireGypsy
post Dec 12 2010, 01:37 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,556

Thanks! I know we all have fun talking to each other so I hope it comes across in the show.

We love hearing from the folks listening to the show, let us know when we start screwing it up. It's bound to happen, I trip over my own feet. wink.gif

Also let us know if there's something you'd like to hear our input on. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
doombug
post Dec 12 2010, 03:10 AM
Post #4

Eric Ratcliffe

QUOTE (SapphireGypsy @ Dec 12 2010, 02:37 AM) *
Thanks! I know we all have fun talking to each other so I hope it comes across in the show.

We love hearing from the folks listening to the show, let us know when we start screwing it up. It's bound to happen, I trip over my own feet. wink.gif

Also let us know if there's something you'd like to hear our input on. biggrin.gif

haven't listened to show #2 yet as I've been editing together monday's podcast, but I will totally give my thoughts when I get the chance to.

I love the little sound clips you're using though and how freeform and loose the show comes across. Definitely something I am happy to subscribe to!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spaced4SimonPegg
post Dec 12 2010, 12:17 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (doombug @ Dec 12 2010, 04:10 AM) *
haven't listened to show #2 yet as I've been editing together monday's podcast, but I will totally give my thoughts when I get the chance to.

I love the little sound clips you're using though and how freeform and loose the show comes across. Definitely something I am happy to subscribe to!

Thanks so much smile.gif Appreciate the input smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SapphireGypsy
post Dec 12 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

I honestly think editing the intro every week is my favorite part. biggrin.gif Not that I don't love hanging out with my girls but I know I've got something good when I've disappeared into the office for 3 hours, haven't moved but have a big Joker smile on my face.

I know we're all really glad to be here and to be part of the Comic Related family, it's been an amazing and over whelming welcome we've received here. I, personally, can't wait for the con season to begin so we can get a chance to connect with some of our new listeners. I've been really floored by the response the show has gotten already and can't wait to connect with people, get more feedback and use it to improve the show. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChuckMoore
post Dec 14 2010, 02:05 PM
Post #7

Site Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I'm really enjoying the show. Both episodes have been great and I look forward to the video game coverage this week.

Cheers!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spaced4SimonPegg
post Dec 14 2010, 05:53 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ChuckMoore @ Dec 14 2010, 03:05 PM) *
I'm really enjoying the show. Both episodes have been great and I look forward to the video game coverage this week.

Cheers!

Thanks... you can hear me geek out over Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
comiczombi
post Dec 16 2010, 06:38 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 19,665

I enjoy listening to every episode and you should check out the website J!nx Bunch of geeky stuff there.

I really enjoy Fable III and Bayonetta. In Bayonetta, you can go down to Hell and buy different maneuvers to help kill your enemies. Some of them are teleportation kick, turning into bats or crows, and break dancing. Sometimes enemies drop weapons and you can use them.

This post has been edited by comiczombi: Dec 16 2010, 07:45 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spaced4SimonPegg
post Dec 16 2010, 08:41 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

I am going to be playing this game!!! It has too much stuff that I love not to play it. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SapphireGypsy
post Dec 16 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (comiczombi @ Dec 16 2010, 06:38 PM) *
I enjoy listening to every episode and you should check out the website J!nx Bunch of geeky stuff there.

That's a pretty cool site... I need to get this shirt for at the gym. biggrin.gif

Let them hate, as long as they fear

--------------------

+Quote Post
comiczombi
post Dec 16 2010, 11:09 PM
Post #12

Thanks for accepting my challenge Spaced. You know what my challenge for you is Sapph. Reading Lady Death Origins Vol. 1

It would be great if you one of you Spazzy, Sapph, or Spaced did a review of Seeley's The Occultist that came out Dec. 15th and Spaced you should check out Dark Horse's Let Me In #1 I think you will enjoy it!

I am thinking an outro song for the show could be Siouxsie and the Banshees - Face to Face for us nerds.

This post has been edited by comiczombi: Dec 17 2010, 07:07 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
doombug
post Dec 17 2010, 10:39 PM
Post #13

Eric Ratcliffe

So finally was able to listen to 2 (I got a little behind on my podcast listening) and just have a bone to pick with Saph I think...

You were at the Tim Seeley panel at Champion city and didn't ask any questions?! tongue.gif Tim/Dan and I were standing up there awkwardly...well okay I was standing for a good like who knows how long waiting for the room to ask questions.

Another great show though and good to here that Spaced is becoming a GL fan...though if I may, why start at Origins which was like #30 of the series and not Green Rebirth which had Ethan Van Sciver artwork that gave the book this amazing horror vibe that I think you'd love being the horror fan you are.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spaced4SimonPegg
post Dec 18 2010, 10:20 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (doombug @ Dec 17 2010, 11:39 PM) *
So finally was able to listen to 2 (I got a little behind on my podcast listening) and just have a bone to pick with Saph I think...

You were at the Tim Seeley panel at Champion city and didn't ask any questions?! tongue.gif Tim/Dan and I were standing up there awkwardly...well okay I was standing for a good like who knows how long waiting for the room to ask questions.

Another great show though and good to here that Spaced is becoming a GL fan...though if I may, why start at Origins which was like #30 of the series and not Green Rebirth which had Ethan Van Sciver artwork that gave the book this amazing horror vibe that I think you'd love being the horror fan you are.

The reason I started at GL: Origins is because it was a $1 issue and I figured it would give me the basic facts on GL. I know the origins miss a lot of details...i.e. X-Men Origins: Emma Frost. I just wanted general info and a beginning of Hal Jordan. I knew the GL story was big and everyone told me to start with GL: Rebirth and I got it as a xmas present. So, that is why I started at origins and not rebirth biggrin.gif I discuss GL: Rebirth on episode #3. I do agree there were some great bloody moments. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
doombug
post Dec 18 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #15

Eric Ratcliffe

QUOTE (Spaced4SimonPegg @ Dec 18 2010, 11:20 AM) *
The reason I started at GL: Origins is because it was a $1 issue and I figured it would give me the basic facts on GL. I know the origins miss a lot of details...i.e. X-Men Origins: Emma Frost. I just wanted general info and a beginning of Hal Jordan. I knew the GL story was big and everyone told me to start with GL: Rebirth and I got it as a xmas present. So, that is why I started at origins and not rebirth biggrin.gif I discuss GL: Rebirth on episode #3. I do agree there were some great bloody moments. biggrin.gif

Awesome! If it was the absolute then you'd have a real amazing christmas present but any version of Rebirth is good. I have everything up to Sinestro Corps war bound so far myself.

Glad your such a Hack/Slash fan too. cool.gif

We are totally going to have a "crossover" between shows one of these days to nerd out on everything. tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
comiczombi
post Dec 18 2010, 06:03 PM
Post #16

I haven't dived into any Green Lantern yet, I'm more a Marvel person but I'm getting around to DC Universe. I bought Tim Seeley's The Occultist today.

This post has been edited by comiczombi: Dec 18 2010, 06:04 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
SapphireGypsy
post Dec 19 2010, 12:51 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (doombug @ Dec 17 2010, 10:39 PM) *

That would be untrue sir. I was the girl in the back row that DID ask questions and so did my other half. The young lady that was with us (short dark hair) SHE didn't ask any questions because she told me she'd asked all her questions during a recent interview we'd had with him.

So, ha. wink.gif I actually think my question (if I remember correctly) was what their favorite story was. It's been a few months and I have a crappy memory but I KNOW I asked questions. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
doombug
post Dec 19 2010, 02:33 AM
Post #18

Eric Ratcliffe

QUOTE (SapphireGypsy @ Dec 19 2010, 01:51 AM) *
That would be untrue sir. I was the girl in the back row that DID ask questions and so did my other half. The young lady that was with us (short dark hair) SHE didn't ask any questions because she told me she'd asked all her questions during a recent interview we'd had with him.

So, ha. wink.gif I actually think my question (if I remember correctly) was what their favorite story was. It's been a few months and I have a crappy memory but I KNOW I asked questions. biggrin.gif

touche'

still can't believe no one recorded it. ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spaced4SimonPegg
post Dec 19 2010, 09:09 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (doombug @ Dec 18 2010, 01:48 PM) *
Awesome! If it was the absolute then you'd have a real amazing christmas present but any version of Rebirth is good. I have everything up to Sinestro Corps war bound so far myself.

Glad your such a Hack/Slash fan too. cool.gif

We are totally going to have a "crossover" between shows one of these days to nerd out on everything. tongue.gif

I love Hack/Slash Cassie Hack is my hero. She is my favorite female comic book character.

Sounds awesome there is a ton of stuff I could nerd out over biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SapphireGypsy
post Dec 19 2010, 10:08 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

If I'd thought about it I'd have recorded it with my phone. We'd just gotten iPhones about then and I STILL forget that I can do things like record video on it. biggrin.gif

Heck I'm only just now getting use to the idea that my I can take pictures that don't look like complete crap with it. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 10:00 PM