Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ripper Laid to Rest
ChuckMoore
post Jan 6 2011, 10:53 AM
Post #1

Site Creator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

For years there have been rumors that Joss Whedon and crew might do a Buffy spin-off series or standalone one shot film dedicated to Anthony Stewart Head's character Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The project has always been referred to as Ripper, a nickname for the character from his past that came up on the show.

I have to admit, it was something I hoped for but with each passing year knew would never come to pass. Today, GeekChicDaily (geekchicdaily.com) had a conversation with Head (mostly about his current role on the BBC series Merlin) where they asked him about the project.

Quoting that update...

GCD: We’d still love to see that long-rumored Ripper movie from the Whedonverse. Any chance the next generation, in Zach Whedon, might pick that property up and run with it?

ASH: [Laughs]. You should talk to Joss about that. But no, we’ve had Buffy Season 8 in comic book form, and because of where Giles ends up in that…it’s RIP Ripper, I think.

Rumor at long last put firmly to rest.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tim Tilley
post Jan 6 2011, 10:44 PM
Post #2

Freelance Writer and Colorist!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,926

For a second I thought we lost Tony, I am glad he's alright. I'm digging him in the new Merlin series, however I am sad that Giles had come to an end.. darn Joss, always killing of the best characters out of spite to the fans.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 10:16 PM