Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
PFTA Writing Challenge
Ron Fortier
post Jan 11 2011, 10:35 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,427

Bill and I are hot and heavy setting up both the remainder of this first story and arc putting together artists teams for the next two. We hope to make some really cool announcements about those very shortly.

Thing is, right now I thought of all you might like to know the writer's challenge Bill and I whipped up for each other. As you know, we co-created the strip/slash comic and agreed to swap off writing arcs. Then we thought we'd work together on the third adventure. Which was when I threw down the glove. One of us would write the first half and then other, without any plot information would come in cold and finish the second half.

Bill thought it was a wild idea and agreed to do it. Of course he then went our and wrote the first half himself...hahahahaha. Bill today sent me the first 12 pgs. of Price For The Asking - Vol. 3 - THE MAN OF ASH. It's a terrific mystery and had now been dropped in my lap without an single hint or clue as to where the plot is suppose to go next...and more importantly, who IS the killer?

Can I unravel Bill's mystery or will I fail miserably? Stay tuned. Either way this is going to be prove interesting.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 12 2011, 08:44 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 2,660

This has been really fun so far. Ron and I have been working together on ensuring that the art team for the next two stories are in place and as of yesterday I think we're good. (Ron-I'll let you announce the details of this whenever you are ready). After the art team for the third story "Man Of Ash" was in place....the story that Ron and I are attempting this new writing style on...the Captain asked he to finish my half as soon as possible so the artist could get a good start on the first 12 pages while Ron wrote the second twelve.

I told him I wouldn't be able to get to it right away...had a couple of other deadlines...the most important of which is a story I'm co-writing with Frank Raynor.

But as I went to bed yesterday around noon.....I found myself having trouble sleeping....this story kept rolling around in my overworked head. I've had some of this (especially the first two pages) planned for a while and I was very happy that Ron and I agreed that I would start this out and he would finish it. And after tossing and turning for a while....I decided I wasn't going to get any sleep until I got up and typed this thing out and sent it to Ron.

It was done by four....I think I typed a page or two in my sleep...and I was back in bed (for a few hours) by 4:30.

Ron read it last night apparently, and liked it. Some fine tuning which I'll take care of today before I climb back into bed.

He even wrote........"I already know who are killer is" which is very impressive...because I don't! Page #12 concludes (for me at least) very open ended. And I have no clear cut killer in mind....although I admit I set it up to go one of three ways. I am interested to see which way Ron takes it or if he blazes off in an entirely different direction!

Ron and I are going to keep doing this every third strip....next time Ron starts. That should interesting and quite challenging! I know he's going to throw everything but the kitchen sink at me!

One more thing...despite new pencilers and new inkers coming aboard on this project.....Brant Fowler is STAYING on the lettering throughout.

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jan 24 2011, 07:40 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,427

Okay, the challenge script MAN OF ASH is finished, completed it over the week-end and happy to report, Bill actually liked it a lot. Phew.
Now -
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ON NEXT TWO STORY-LINES & ART TEAMS

Once this first story line, which got back on track this week wraps. There may be a one week break, to feature another Pryce short prose piece. Then comes story arc number two.
MOVING TARGETS
Story by Fortier & Gladman
Pencils by Rob Davis
Inks by Rhian Engel
Letters by Brant Fowler.

Yup, you read correctly. My good buddy and partner in crime, former Marvel & DC artist, Rob Davis is pencilling MOVING TARGETS. We couldn't be happier. Rob is one of the finest artist in the business. Wait till you see what he's bringing to Simon Pryce. Then when this wraps up, the third story
arc, will be -

MAN OF ASH
Story by Gladman & Fortier
Pencils by Mark Saxton
Inks by Jeff Austin
Letters by Brant Fowler.

If you've never heard the name Mark Saxton before, trust me you soon will. He's a truly gifted young artist I hooked up with on Facebook. We did a short horror tale for my new title Ron Fortier's Tales of the Macabre....Bill love his stuff and we wrangled him on board to do this third Prcye story.
Plus recruiting one of the finest damn inkers in all of comicdom, Mr.Jeff Austin. This is going to be another stellar art team.

So there you have it mystery fans. PRICE FOR THE ASKING is just warming up. Don't miss a single week, or you'll be sorry you did.

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 25 2011, 08:34 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 2,660

As you can see both Ron and I are very excited about the current going ons pertaining to Simon Pryce and the long term future of Price For The Asking as a whole!

Have you checked out the Price For The Asking website designed by Brant Fowler? He did an incredible job on this and we will be adding stuff all the time.

And I can't tell you how amazing it is seeing these art pages that both Rob Davis and Mark Saxton are doing as they work on their perspective PFTA stories!! Yes that's right, both stories are in production at the same time so hopefully we never have a hiatus of any sorts again in the future.....and I wanted to point out one thing....the creative team for the fourth PFTA story entitled "Motor City Madhouse" is also assembled.

Writers-Gladman/Fortier
Letters-Fowler
And the art (pencils and inks) will be handled by my good friend Chad Strohl!!! Originally Chad was supposed to have illustrated the third story but when the original art team for story #2 (Moving Targets) fell apart Ron and I started to aggressively recruit new talent and it just so happened that Mark Saxton's schedule was clear at the moment and he was eager to start story #3 (Man Of Ash) and Chad didn't mind starting his stint on PFTA much later in the year...actually helps him out quite a bit.

So there you have it.....the FIRST FOUR Price For The Asking Tales are all set to roll your way!!! Collectively a total of 90 pages of Daring Detroit Detective Dynamite......over two solid years of web comics....four collected comic editions...and one hell of a trade paperback in the making!

Don't miss the next all new page of PFTA next Monday as the incredible art team of Brian Latimer and Chris Hoskins bring us one step closer to the conclusion of our first story...."Yesterday's Burning"

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st December 2014 - 09:12 AM