Gnomon School Master Classes 2011
Jonathan
post Jan 12 2011, 02:06 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,330

gsMasterClasses2011
Hello Digital Artists, 3D Modelers, and Entertainment Artists,

I am inquiring as to who might want to take the Gnomon School Master Class 2011 (coming up Feb 11-25, but registering early is advised) and form a collective to get discounted tuition.

http://www.gnomonschool.com/master/2011/

Overview:
The tuition of $295 (before any discounts) allows you access to all class/lectures during the two week period (including archive recordings).
I propose we create an "online studio" called CCG Digital Arts, or something similar, and we could get the following discounts:
Regular price tuition $295.00

StudioCount/Percent Discount/Savings

10/ 10/ $29.50
50/ 15/ $44.25
100/ 20/ $59.00

*Friend the Gnomon School on Facebook and get $20 off with supplied code (don't know if two discounts can be used together?) The answer I got today is no combined discounts.

I attended a similar online class for 2D illustration, traditional and digital, through conceptart.org/Massive Black/Illustration Academy last February called Discovery. The cost for that three-week term was $500 - for me a real splurge and leap of faith! But I was generally very happy with that investment. Really enjoyed and learned a lot from the IA instructors (George Pratt, Mark English, Chris Payne, and several others). This Gnomon School (GS) offering does not look to have the same level of online learning engagement. This series appears to basically be video conferencing with video on demand functions for archived recordings.

Check the course offerings at the supplied web link. I found that there are some very interesting classes offered, one for me especially:

gsFigureStudyEngleman
Three Hour 3D Figure Study

Instructor: Jeremy Engleman

Learn 3D gesture painting techniques from Jeremy Engleman

of Dreamworks.

What I don't know:
Hardware - you will need a fairly powerful machine for 3-D apps, the video conference should not be excessively hardware intensive
Software - I assume you will need to have access to software on the PC from which you will participate. I will inquire on what software is required and if free trial versions will work
Connection speed - you will likely need a broadband connection

What to do if you want in:
Email me, Jonathan Gilpin (CCG Coordinator) with your contact info (I may be asked to prove we are "studio mates")
I will contact Gnomon School and set up the Studio account - they will give us some reference to keep track of numbers from our studio.
You will need to reference this code or ID when you sign up.
We can wait till I have been contacted by at least TEN of you before submitting. This looks like the way to go. When I have ten (or do we try for 50?) I will send them an email and ask what to do next. Hopefully we can each pay individually.

Questions/Comments/Suggestions:(always welcome!)
Email me, Jonathan Gilpin (CCG Coordinator)

You may just decide to start you own group for this - but remember that their is strength in numbers, and the bigger our one group is the more we can each benefit. As the Kentucky state motto goes "Together we stand. Divided we fall." So let's all pull together if at all possible ;-)

I can start an online list or count that we could all monitor together to see how much we can save.
Kind regards to all my future studio mates! Feel free to forward to your friends who might be interested in attending these online classes - we could possibly max out the studio discount!!
--
Jonathan Gilpin
Coordinator
Lexington KY Comic Creators Group
web: http://lexkyccg.blogspot.com
email: lexkyccg@gmail.com

This post has been edited by Jonathan: Jan 13 2011, 09:21 AM

--------------------
Jonathan Gilpin
Coordinator
Lexington KY Comic Creators Group
Web: http://lexkyccg.blogspot.com
E-mail: lexkyccg@gmail.com
Art site: http://jgilpinartwatch.blogspot.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 08:12 AM