Reply to this topicStart new topic
Tales of the Macabre
Tim Tilley
post Jul 18 2011, 09:26 PM
Post #21

Freelance Writer and Colorist!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,926

I am loving that cover to issue #2, it looks great. Like Bill, I too am looking forward to seeing the completed version.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Jul 20 2011, 08:35 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 1,427

That should be done by Sept. 1st according to Olivier. You realize all those blank TV monitors will end up having images on them....very, weird and fantastic images. Stay tuned amigos. This is really shaping up nicely.

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Sep 9 2011, 05:55 PM
Post #23

The Redbud Studio edition of this book is now on sale at Indy Planet (http://www.indyplanet.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=5926)

Here's the cover image.

Book is also available as a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD (http://www.indyplanet.com/digital/product_info.php?products_id=5926)

This post has been edited by Ron Fortier: Sep 9 2011, 06:00 PM

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Sep 13 2011, 02:16 PM
Post #24

WAHOOO!!! Got my box of 30 copies in the mail just now. Wow did come out looking great. Thank you Bill, Brant and everybody who supported this endeavor, especially the talented creators who so willingly signed on to contribute to this series. You guys & gals are the best!! Hope to sell every one of these at my 24th Sept. store signing here in Fort Collins. at

Gryphon Games & Comics
2020 S. College Ave Unit B
(between Drake & Prospect)

I'll be there between 11 a.m and 2 p.m. Hope to see lots of cool Colorado and Wyoming fans stop by to say hi.

This post has been edited by Ron Fortier: Sep 13 2011, 02:16 PM

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Sep 28 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #25

The cover to Ron Fortier's Tales of the Macabre # 2 is completed and Bill Gladman will attest to the fact it is damn beautiful. But we have to hold off until the book is available. Fingers crossed around Halloween. But as we showed you the rough sketch start, here's a little more of the progress. This is just a piece. Wait till you see the whole thing in stunning color. It so rocks.

Art by Olivier Raymond.

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Sep 28 2011, 05:41 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 2,660

You do know you are going to have to appear on the cover of every issue now.

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Sep 28 2011, 06:37 PM
Post #27

The Captain himself has just given me the thumbs up to offer a limited number of full color 14x22 prints of the cover for Ron Fortier's Tales Of The Macabre #2 at my table at Star Con 2011!!!!

This will be a way to promote the release of the upcoming book release which I hope will be out before Halloween and the very first time the cover art will be seen in it's entirety by the public at large.

Recent addition of letterer Chris McQuaid has been VERY beneficial to getting this book moving in the right direction again.

If you like issue #1......it only gets better as this time around Ron and his collected crew of talented artists deliver three brand new tales never before released ANYWHERE!!!!

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Sep 29 2011, 06:21 PM
Post #28

And here's a look at the contents of "Ron Fortier's Tales of the Macabre." # 2.

This second issue contains three stories.

UNCLE NICHOLAUS - Art by Jason Copland. Last winter, over on Facebook, Jason posted 11 comic paged done randomly, with no sequence or connection in mind. And then he challenged any writer who wanted to play with the pages to come up with a narrative that fit them. That's the kind of challenge I can't pass up, so I downloaded all the pages, studied them, rearranged them like pieces of a puzzle until I found a story in them. Wrote the script and sent it back to Jason and he loved it. And was kind enough to let us have it for this issue.

BLACK ARMOR, BLACK MAGIC - Art by Kurt Belcher. Kurt's art has a real unique styling to it and he said he would be available to do a really short piece if I could come up with something different. I thought it would be fun to see Kurt draw knights in armor and whipped up this little five page fantasy. His pages rocked.

THE LONE GUY - Art by Cesar Feliciano. Based on an idea I'd had in my files for almost ten years. And its a silent, cautionary tale without any lettering or captions.

Hope you will give it a try. Each story was a blast to do and working with these artist was a pure joy, never mind the stunning color cover provided by Olivier Raymond. Weird story fans, you are in for a treat.

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Oct 30 2011, 10:54 AM
Post #29

G-Man at long last revealed the completed cover to TALES OF THE MACABRE # 2 as drawn and colored by Olivier Raymond, with design work by Chad Strohl.

Me, I love it. This Twilight Star Studio should be available and on sale in comic shops throughout Ohio by Thanksgiving. And soon in that general time frame we'll also be releasing the Redbud Studio edition to sold on-line via (www.IndyPlanet.com). Where you can still pick up issue # 1.

For more info on this title and other great Twilight Star titles coming your way, head on over to Bill's forums.
Wahooo!!!

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Oct 30 2011, 01:10 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 589

That is a wicked cool cover.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Oct 30 2011, 01:31 PM
Post #31

Can you picture me there recording a new episode of Zone 4! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Olivier Raymond
post Nov 7 2011, 06:44 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 20,118

QUOTE (Gonzogoose @ Oct 30 2011, 02:10 PM) *
That is a wicked cool cover.

Thank you sir! I'm just glad to be involved with this second issue, having drawn a story in the first one.

It's a comic thing - I don't want to break my run wink.gif

Can't wait to see it in print.

Cheers!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Nov 7 2011, 02:45 PM
Post #33

Stay tuned CR amigos, as Bill and I are expecting to get the cover to # 3 in any day now. This one is being done by my first ever comic partner, artist Gary Kato, who draws our Mr.Jigsaw series. We are both really exciting to see what Gary turns in.

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Nov 7 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #34

QUOTE (Olivier Raymond @ Nov 7 2011, 07:44 AM) *
Thank you sir! I'm just glad to be involved with this second issue, having drawn a story in the first one.

It's a comic thing - I don't want to break my run wink.gif

Can't wait to see it in print.

Cheers!

Issue #2 has been ready to go to the printer for some time. I am waiting for the final touches of another book (Cygann #1-almost done) so I can send both to the printer at the same time.....should just be a week or two before both books are out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Nov 7 2011, 06:01 PM
Post #35

QUOTE (Ron Fortier @ Nov 7 2011, 03:45 PM) *
Stay tuned CR amigos, as Bill and I are expecting to get the cover to # 3 in any day now. This one is being done by my first ever comic partner, artist Gary Kato, who draws our Mr.Jigsaw series. We are both really exciting to see what Gary turns in.

Just saw a sneak peek of the cover to issue #3 as Ron mentioned here....drawn by Mr. Jigsaw artist Gary Kato!!!!

Looks grrrrrreeeeaaaaatttt!!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Nov 16 2011, 08:36 AM
Post #36

Been very, very busy past few weeks writing all kinds of short weird strips with different artists I've met on-line, both on Facebook and Digital Webbing,
like Dave Baker, who is really a dynamite artist.

Dave and I are doing a six pager called A LATE NIGHT STORY. The lady above is one of the characters from this cautionary tale. Can't wait to see the pages come in.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2014 - 07:55 PM