Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
X-Men: First Class, Matthew Vaughan cast
Guest_cougar18_*
post Jan 18 2011, 03:40 PM
Post #1

Guests

Here’s the first small image of the assembled cast for Matthew Vaughn‘s X-Men: First Class. Left to right, we see: Michael Fassbender as Magneto, Rose Byrne as Moira MacTaggert, January Jones as Emma Frost, Jason Flemyng as Azazel, Nicholas Hoult as Beast, Lucas Till as Havoc, Zoe Kravitz as Angel Salvadore, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique, and James McAvoy as Charles Xavier.

http://www.slashfilm.com/cast-xmen-class/

Opinions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SapphireGypsy
post Jan 18 2011, 03:54 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,556

Emma looks like a cheap prostitute and Mystique looks like she was dunked in a bucket of paint. sad.gif

I never really held out any hope for this movie but really, THAT is what they choose to make my Emma look like?

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 18 2011, 04:26 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,660

I wasn't going to see this film before I saw this picture.

Not I'm not even going to see this film times two. This movie we make Seth Rogen's Green Hornet look good and more people will be laughing at it...and it's not supposed to be a comedy.

What the Hell are they thinking? If you're one those guys who hated the original X-Men films....look what you have to look forward to now.

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post
Decapitated_Dan
post Jan 18 2011, 04:39 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,983

MMMMM...Rose Byrne

Other than that. No thanks, no way. Too much crap involved in the characters chosen alone.

Is this not supposed to take place before the other movies? At least they got that Jean Grey knock off White Queen in there. I was worried. LAME!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Jan 18 2011, 04:48 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 589

I don't think they're tying it to the original trilogy as much as to the Wolverine film. It's all messed up really. 4 movies and already continuity is screwed up beyond belief.

As for Emma, I mean no offense to the girl playing her, January Jones, as I don't know her from anyone or anything honestly, but just doing a google image search real quick... could they really have gone with another look with this actress?

That said, Rose Byrne is attractive, but I don't know her either. Wanted's James McAvoy is an odd choice for me for Charles (and hair?). Glad to see Havok there, but still, I've thought from day one this was going to be bad, and none of this so far is proving me wrong. Ugh.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SapphireGypsy
post Jan 18 2011, 05:42 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

I think think of about 5 people off the top of my head better for Emma than January Jones.... and no, one of them isn't me. wink.gif (Although I'd totally make a better Emma.) biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tim Tilley
post Jan 18 2011, 05:50 PM
Post #7

Freelance Writer and Colorist!

Member No.: 2,926

I'd rather re-watch the old generation X movie a million times in a row than see this load of crap.

--------------------
View my lastest work.
Spook Central's Fan page.
Spook Central's: Mysapce.
Spook Central's Twitter: account.
My blog on: Tumblr.

spookcentralelementary@gmail.com
TimTilleyWriterGuy@yahoo.com

+Quote Post
SapphireGypsy
post Jan 18 2011, 06:13 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Well at least Emma doesn't look like hooker there... just a transvestite. *sigh*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_cougar18_*
post Jan 18 2011, 06:22 PM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (Tim Tilley @ Jan 18 2011, 04:50 PM) *
I'd rather re-watch the old generation X movie a million times in a row than see this load of crap.
[

Has Emma Frost ever looked like anything other than a cheap prostitute? I think I'll wait for the trailer before judging the movie's content. Matthew Vaughan is a noted director, so he should be able to do something entertaining. Mystique' make up is similar to the original movie. I was kinda hoping that Magneto would have white hair, a side effect of his mutation. James McEvoy is a good actor, so here is hoping he can play the part. I agree about the hair, but maybe as his powers grow, he may lose his hair.

Beast makeup looks good. The X outfits look a tad too Tron like, however.

I don't think anything could be as bad as Generation X, however. Not even a comic book written and drawn by Rob Liefeld could be that bad.

I was on of those people who did not like X-men. I felt too many egos spoilt the broth, alot of the actors involved were bad actors or not given good material. Unfortunately for Hugh Jackman, he cannot escape the role.

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Jan 18 2011, 06:57 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

I loved the first two X-Men films personally. The third just tried to cram too much into it. And I enjoyed most of the Wolverine movie.

And no, nothing could be as bad as that Generation X movie... save for the Nick Fury movie starring the Hoff...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Jan 18 2011, 08:43 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Well, apparently there's some controversy over whether this image is real or not:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/01/18/x-men...ass-cast-image/

--------------------

+Quote Post
SapphireGypsy
post Jan 18 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Emma has, in recent years, been wearing more clothing. The fact that she's in a bra.... honestly kinda pisses me off. Emma is my girl, to see her dressed up like a stripper just for the sake of having her tits hang out.... yeah.... not happy about that.

I hope it is fake.

I agree though, I liked the first two X-movies and Wolverine.

--------------------

+Quote Post
doombug
post Jan 18 2011, 11:05 PM
Post #13

Eric Ratcliffe

Member No.: 2,668

QUOTE (Gonzogoose @ Jan 18 2011, 09:43 PM) *
Well, apparently there's some controversy over whether this image is real or not:

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/01/18/x-men...ass-cast-image/

Yeah I actually believe Fox on this one, some of the characters look a bit too photoshopped.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tim Tilley
post Jan 19 2011, 12:02 AM
Post #14

Freelance Writer and Colorist!

Member No.: 2,926

QUOTE (SapphireGypsy @ Jan 18 2011, 07:13 PM) *
Well at least Emma doesn't look like hooker there... just a transvestite. *sigh*

I want to personally thank you for making me laugh as hard as I did, I loved your comment.
I liked her better in the Gen X days where she wore a corset.. wait, maybe that way the Byrne era.. I can't remember anymore.

+Quote Post
Comic Zone UK
post Jan 19 2011, 12:43 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,702

The image is not a great first impression for the film not digging the look, having said that its only a first look so until some footage or a trailer is released il reserve judgement on this one tongue.gif

--------------------
John
Visit Comic Zone UK follow me on Twitter or visit Facebook
Join us at the London Super Comic Con in February

+Quote Post
SapphireGypsy
post Jan 19 2011, 09:56 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Tim Tilley @ Jan 19 2011, 12:02 AM) *
I want to personally thank you for making me laugh as hard as I did, I loved your comment.
I liked her better in the Gen X days where she wore a corset.. wait, maybe that way the Byrne era.. I can't remember anymore.

Thank you, thank you. *takes a bow* You can find more of my glowing wit on the show. wink.gif (I never miss an opportunity to plug the show. wink.gif)

I like her in her corset too. I also like what Dodson has done with her. Pants AND the only think showing is her belly! *shocked*

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zodar
post Jan 19 2011, 10:38 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,781

I reserve judgment for the final product. No need to get worked up yet, eh?

First off, the image is totally fake. Emma being the easiest example of fakery - they aren't going to just have her wear a freaking Fredricks of Hollywood bra. Off the rack costuming? Only in no-budget flicks. She's definitely going to be fancier than that.

Secondly, it has a director that has done some really damn good stuff. Both Kick-Ass and Stardust impressed the hell out of me. Sure, a good director can only help a crap script so far, but I'm certainly willing to give the film the benefit of the doubt based on his cred.

Third, I liked the Generation X tv movie and keep hoping for it to come out on DVD. At the very least it has Matt Frewer acting all crazypants evil. Sure, it's a laughable movie, but we can all use some laughs.

--------------------
Not the droid you are looking for.

+Quote Post
doombug
post Jan 19 2011, 02:34 PM
Post #18

Eric Ratcliffe

Member No.: 2,668

QUOTE (Zodar @ Jan 19 2011, 11:38 AM) *
I reserve judgment for the final product. No need to get worked up yet, eh?

First off, the image is totally fake. Emma being the easiest example of fakery - they aren't going to just have her wear a freaking Fredricks of Hollywood bra. Off the rack costuming? Only in no-budget flicks. She's definitely going to be fancier than that.

Secondly, it has a director that has done some really damn good stuff. Both Kick-Ass and Stardust impressed the hell out of me. Sure, a good director can only help a crap script so far, but I'm certainly willing to give the film the benefit of the doubt based on his cred.

Third, I liked the Generation X tv movie and keep hoping for it to come out on DVD. At the very least it has Matt Frewer acting all crazypants evil. Sure, it's a laughable movie, but we can all use some laughs.

Stardust is the modern Princess Bride, easily.

Also anyone that thinks this is real, take a closer look at the beast, pretty sure that's Pearlman's face from the beast live action tv show from the early 90's.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gonzogoose
post Jan 19 2011, 03:06 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Regardless if it's real or not, which looking closely I really do see the Photoshopiness of it, it is these actors, so while the costumes and makeup may not be accurate, it's still an uncanny (pun intended) depiction of what we're likely to see.

And Eric, while I admit Stardust was good, I don't see that comparison to The Princess Bride. Not saying one is better than the other, I just don't see that comparison at all personally. Maybe I'm alone on that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
G-Man
post Jan 19 2011, 05:32 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 2,660

Emma Frost. How she even became popular and a member of the X-Men and the "love of Scott Summers' life" still boggles my mind.

She's a Jean Grey wanna be, slept with more characters than the Black Widow and was only remotely interesting when she was a villain.

She got where she is today because perverted little comic book artists like to draw her and perverted little comic book geeks buy the books she appears in. And now they're hoping this follow suit for the movies. It's definitely not the "strength" of the stories she has appeared in.

Do these guys realize for price of three comic books you could go to strip club and see real boobs?

--------------------
"Reality is only for those who lack imagination" don't know who first said that....but it works for me!

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 10:16 PM