Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Nomination Heaven!, Pulp Awards Season Has Begun!
Andrew Salmon
post Feb 3 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,185

This week has been one I'll remember for a long, long time!

It began with the announcement of the nominees for this year's Pulp Factory Awards -- awards to distinguish achievements in the genre of pulp fiction over the past year. I won last year for Best Pulp Short Story for my tale: "The Adventure of the Locked Room" from Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Volume One and if you think that thrill has receded in time, well, think again.

So imagine my surprise and utter joy to find out that I've been nominated again this year! My short story: "Death Rides the Valkyrie" from Black Bat Mystery Volume One has been nominated for Best Pulp Short Story! A great honor and thrill!

But that was only the beginning.

Yesterday, Pulp Ark announced the list of nominees for the first ever Pulp Ark awards and I was floored to learn that my short story "Run" from Masked Gun Mystery #1 was nominated in their Best Short Story category!

Two nominations for two different tales in the same week! I am frankly bowled over, thrilled beyond words and stunned into incoherence. I want to thank everyone who nominated the stories from the bottom of my heart! I'm up against some pretty stiff competition in these categories and am sure the voting will be fierce and intense and, more importantly, will be a lot of fun for everyone involved. I know I enjoyed filling out my ballot.

Pulp fiction is back and stronger than ever. One need only look over the talented folks represented in these two ballots to see that. Long live Pulp! Yahoo!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ron Fortier
post Feb 3 2011, 03:15 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,427

A sincere congratulations to you, Andrew. As one of our regular writers for Airship 27 Productions, none of this comes as any big surprise to me. You are one of the finest writers I know and these nods were both well deserved. Good luck, I hope you win them both!!

+Quote Post
Andrew Salmon
post Feb 3 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,185

Wow! Thanks a million, Ron for the kind words and best wishes.

Here's hoping we both win big in the next few months! Being nominated is a tremendous honor, but winning rocks! Ha!

It's a pleasure working for Airship 27 and I hope to continue doing so for a long, long time. Tally-ho!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 05:19 AM