Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Green Lantern
Forums > Comic Related Forums > Comic Books > Mainstream Comics > DC Comics > Green Lantern
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
ChuckMoore

Green Lantern: Rebirth has been a real hit for DC comics. On Wednesday, DC put out a press release announcing that issue #2 is headed back for third printing. Here's all the details...

DC COMICS SENDS GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH #2 BACK TO PRESS

April 5th, 2005 -

With the debut of the new GREEN LANTERN series coming next month, DC Comics announces that the sold-out GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH #2 will go back to press for a third printing.

GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH #2 Third Printing, written by Geoff Johns with art by Ethan Van Sciver and Prentis Rollins, will feature a recolored version of Van Sciver's original cover art for the issue.

GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH has received feature coverage in the mainstream press with stories from the Scripps Howard News Service and in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the Boston Herald, the Atlanta Journal Constitution and The Onion.

For more information, visit the GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH minisite...
http://www.dccomics.com/features/gl_rebirth/
ChuckMoore

Green Lantern #1
DC Comics, 40 pages, $3.50 - On Sale May 25, 2005

Written by Geoff Johns; Art and cover by Carlos Pacheco and Jesus Merino

Strap in and hang on as one of DC's greatest icons, Hal Jordan returns to the forefront of the DCU in a new monthly series by red-hot writer Geoff Johns (TEEN TITANS, THE FLASH) and stunning art by Carlos Pacheco & Jesus Merino (SUPERMAN/BATMAN)! GREEN LANTERN challenges your imagination and leaves you breathless as you witness the adventures of one of the greatest heroes in the DCU. From the runways at Edwards Air Force Base to the darkest corner of Space Sector 2814, the Green Lantern will proudly shine his light!

This special 40-page debut issue kicks off the 3-part tale "No Fear." Spinning out of the pages of GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH, Hal Jordan returns to the DCU as the Emerald Warrior, ready to reclaim his life and the light of the Green Lantern. But the forces of darkness have already begun to rise, looking to claim the power of the Green Lantern for themselves!
ChuckMoore

WizardWorld's Green Lantern Panel

Click here for details on the panel...
http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16567
ChuckMoore

There's a lot of attention being paid, justly so, to Hal Jordan these days following the events of Rebirth and the relaunch of the main Green Lantern series. In all the mix, some may question what's happening with Kyle Rayner. To keep up with his latest adventure as Green Lantern, be sure to pick up the upcoming "Rann/Thanagar War" mini-series from DC. As it's written by Dave Gibbons, this is a story I'll be looking for on May 11th.

To learn more about the mini, check out these two great links...

A Night at the Space Opera: Dave Gibbons talks "The Rann/Thanagar War" and the "Watchmen" film
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=4988

Official Rann/Thanagar War #1 page
http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=2996

Internal art from Ran/Thanagar War #1
http://www.dccomics.com/media/excerpts/2996_x.pdf
ChuckMoore

Green Lantern #1 to feature variant cover by Alex Ross!

Click here for a closer look and all the details...
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=5096
ChuckMoore

A closer look at Green Lantern #1

DC has released a handful of pages from the May debuting "Green Lantern" #1 ongoing series by Geoff Johns and Carlos Pacheco.

This special 40-page debut issue kicks off the 3-part tale "No Fear." Spinning out of the pages of GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH, Hal Jordan returns to the DCU as the Emerald Warrior, ready to reclaim his life and the light of the Green Lantern. But the forces of darkness have already begun to rise, looking to claim the power of the Green Lantern for themselves!

Follow this link for a look at the images from the issue...
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=5210
ChuckMoore

Green Lantern: Hero's Quest
Prose novel written by Dennis O'Neil

Click here for all the details...
http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/revi...81166521403.htm
ChuckMoore

GEOFF JOHNS TALKS GREEN LANTERN
Newsarama chats with one of the best in the biz

"So there was this new series from DC that debuts today – you may have heard of it, as it had a little buzz: Green Lantern. Not just any “Green Lantern,” but, in the eyes of many, “the” Green Lantern – Hal Jordan, fresh from Green Lantern: Rebirth, which brought him back as the earth’s main Green Lantern.

We managed to corner Green Lantern writer Geoff Johns for a few minutes this morning to squeeze a few comments out about Hal, the series, and where things are coming."

Follow this link for the full chat...
http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread...?threadid=34540
ChuckMoore

ILLUMINATING THE DARKNESS: GIBBONS TALKS "GREEN LANTERN CORPS: RECHARGE"

In the DC Universe, outer space is a dangerous place. The cosmos is ablaze with the interstellar "Rann/Thanagar War" and in certain sectors threats to all life lie in wait under the cover of the darkness of space. This September, a light is shined on that darkness, an emerald light, when writer Dave Gibbons and artist Patrick Gleason launch "Green Lantern Corps: Recharge," a five issue mini-series from DC Comics. CBR News spoke to Gibbons about the reintroduction of the DCU's premier interstellar police force and what it means to the galaxy.

"Recharge" has been in the works for some time. "I was approached by Dan Didio in 2003 at Wondercon. He wondered if I was interested in writing the Green Lantern Corps. I was very interested in doing that," Gibbons told CBR News. "I wanted to get a few more writing credits to my name and the Green Lantern Corps were an organization I was pretty familiar with having loved their appearances when I was a kid and actually having drawn some back up tales and later the main story in 'Green Lantern' back in the 80s."

For more on this story, please visit...
http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=5405
ChuckMoore

GREEN LANTERN CORPS: RECHARGE #1 (OF 5)

Written by Geoff Johns and Dave Gibbons
Art and cover by Patrick Gleason and Christian Alamy

Get ready for a new 5-issue miniseries springing from the pages of GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH! Written by Geoff Johns (GREEN LANTERN, TEEN TITANS) and Dave Gibbons (RANN-THANAGAR WAR, THE ORIGINALS) with art by Patrick Gleason and Christian Alamy (AQUAMAN), Recharge kicks off with an extra-sized debut issue!

For too long, the light of the Green Lantern Corps has been absent from the cosmos. Now, as darkness and chaos descend upon space, it is time for the Guardians of the Universe to revive the Corps' proud heritage, to recruit new servants to their cause and to recharge the mighty power that once they wielded.

Their lives still reeling from the epic battle with Parallax, veteran GLs Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner and Kilowog lead a new generation of Lanterns into galaxy-spanning action. As old foes plot the downfall of Oa itself, the Green Lantern Corps must first fight to unite its own ranks.

DC Universe | 40pg. | Color | $3.50 US

On Sale September 21, 2005
ChuckMoore

[Lantern Flashback Image]

A preview of Green Lantern Corps: Recharge #1

DCComics.com has posted a 6-page preview of the September shipping Green Lantern Corps: Recharge #1, the first (extra-length) issue in a five-issue monthly series written by Dave Gibbons and penciled by Patrick (Aquaman) Gleason>

The series has a very clear purpose – to re-establish the Green Lantern Corps to its rightful place in the DC Cosmos. Here’s how DC describes the series:

"Get ready for a new 5-issue miniseries springing from the pages of GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH! Written by Geoff Johns (GREEN LANTERN, TEEN TITANS) & Dave Gibbons (RANN-THANAGAR WAR, THE ORIGINALS) with art by Patrick Gleason & Christian Alamy (AQUAMAN), Recharge kicks off with an extra-sized debut issue!

"For too long, the light of the Green Lantern Corps has been absent from the cosmos. Now, as darkness and chaos descend upon space, it is time for the Guardians of the Universe to revive the Corps’ proud heritage, to recruit new servants to their cause and to recharge the mighty power that once they wielded.
Their lives still reeling from the epic battle with Parallax, veteran GLs Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner and Kilowog lead a new generation of Lanterns into galaxy-spanning action. As old foes plot the downfall of Oa itself, the Green Lantern Corps must first fight to unite its own ranks."

For more on this story (plus the preview), visit...
http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread...?threadid=36974
ChuckMoore

Green Lantern Panel at CCI

DC Comics wrapped up a solid Day 1 at Comic-Con International: San Diego with their Green Lantern: In Brightest Day… panel, attended by writers Geoff Johns, Green Lantern Corps: Recharge artist Patrick Gleason and editor Peter Tomasi. San Diego huge programming schedule allows for some very specific (and long) panels, and if you’re a hardcore fan of all things Green Lantern and the Corps, this was the place to be.

Johns handed out DC Direct rings to some fans in the audience and the panel went directly to Q&A from readers…

- Asked if the GL Corps: Recharge limited series (by Gleason and writer Dave Gibbons) will lead into an ongoing Corps series, Tomasi said there’s a good chance if they numbers [sales figures] are good, and they they’re ready to “rock & roll” with a regular series.

- Asked about villains in the regular GL series, Johns said he has plans for new ones, but that he likes the older villains as well. He said artist Ethan Van Sciver has a twisted take on Hector Hammond. Issue #4 features the Shark, who according to Johns is “just beautiful” as Van Sciver draws him. Black Hand and Mongul will appear, and Sonarr is coming up in a story, according to Johns, so bizarre, only Van Sciver could be a co-plotter on it.

- Every era of GL villains will appear in Recharge.

- Hal and the GL Corps play a significant role in Infinite Crisis, and there will also be significant changes in the GL book when the books jump ahead “OYL” next spring.

- Regarding how many Green Lanterns there will be in the reformed Corps, it’s over 7200, or 2 per sector.

For more on this panel, follow this link...
http://www.newsarama.com/SDCC05/DC/greenlantern.html
ChuckMoore
VAN SCIVER DRAWING & LEAVING GREEN LANTERN

Artist Ethan Van Sciver is turning in his power ring after Green Lantern # 6. Van Sciver told THE PULSE he will be moving on to another project. He couldn't give us details of his future ... yet, but we do have some details of what he enjoyed the most about being one of Team Green.

Most people might not realize that Van Sciver got his start in independent comics at the tender age of 19, drawing his creator owned series, Cyberfrog. He said when he was working on those comics he used to dream about making a gazillion off of that property and "not having to work after that." Van Sciver recalled, "But that was my teenage nihilist phase. Before that, yes, all my life I imagined being John Byrne and drawing Superman comics. I pictured Byrne smoking a pipe, chatting with Terry Austin (who would work behind him, you know, same studio) and drawing Superman flying with Lois. [I thought about] hanging out with Frank Miller. You know. And making tons of money for being able to draw. It sounded good to me! The actuality is fairly close to the dream. I'm friends with Terry Austin, have met Frank Miller once, and John Byrne told me I should read up on Hitler. So it's good."

From Cyberfrog to the DCU, Van Sciver said his biggest challenge working on the Green Lantern series was drawing "half as well" as his peers. "Carlos Pacheco, Patrick Gleason, Ivan Reis - good Lord, it's unbelievable how talented these guys are," Van Sciver said. "I'm happy to be among them. What else is challenging ...? I dunno. Drawing airplanes. The artistic challenge for me and everyone else is to make your superhero seem like the coolest superhero in DC's arsenal."

Follow this link for the full story...
http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb....c;f=36;t=004101
ChuckMoore

Get all the details on the latest Green Lantern Archives
The Green Lantern Archives Vol. 4

This fourth collection of the seminal Silver Age Green Lantern comic books is actually sterile compared to the earlier volumes. The stories remain fairly imaginative, and the art by the legendary Gil Kane with inks by Joe Giella is solid and occasionally spectacular. The weakness in these stories (as is often the case with DC’s Silver Age comics) is weak; no amount of clever and novel ideas can completely cover up faulty execution, and that’s what the script is – the final execution of the written version of a comic book story.

Follow this link for the rest of the review...
http://comicbookbin.com/greenlanternarchives004.html
ChuckMoore

Ethan Van Sciver talks Green Lantern Reborn

"The role that I played in the return of Hal Jordan was to draw one of the most fantastic stories Geoff Johns has ever written, and I was honored to do it. I’m glad people liked it."

Follow this link for the full interview...
http://www.brokenfrontier.com/columns/deta...9df8815d42ff9ed
Glen Davis
Green Lantern is one of DC's big success stories of the last couple of years. Both GL and Green Lantern Corps are good sellers, and the Siestro Corps. War is really great.
ChuckMoore
QUOTE(Glen Davis @ Nov 14 2007, 02:01 PM) *
Green Lantern is one of DC's big success stories of the last couple of years. Both GL and Green Lantern Corps are good sellers, and the Siestro Corps. War is really great.

I have to agree with you... Sinestro Corps has been stellar (okay, pun intended). Honestly, in the beginning I found the first few issues of the new series (that whole initial Manhunter storyline) a bit of a yawn. Thankfully it took off and has proven itself a strong title for UK. I like Hal Jordan's square jawed take on being a hero. He's classically cool and thankfully the writing has been solid.
ChuckMoore
While talking Green Lantern, I got the chance to watch Ethan Van Sciver draw the character for a fan at Wizard World. It was about 20 minutes of storytelling and artistic skill at work. If you're at a show he's attending (and he's been doing the circuit pretty well this year), I highly recommend parking and watching him in action. Ethan is in the middle in the photo below.

ChuckMoore
Too funny... I write about finding a chance to watch Ethan Van Sciver at work at a convention then today I bump into a video (over on the Wizard World site) offering just that. In the video Ethan is doing a 3-Minute-Sketch (I'm betting for the Hero Initiative, maybe?) and talking about what's next in Green Lantern. If you're a regular reader of the title, this is a good video to watch.

Here's the link...
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/006378806.cfm
Glen Davis
Just got the latest issue of Green Lantern Corps. It's basically a punch up between Daxamite GL Sodam Yat and Superman Prime while Yat's life runs through his head.

I have not like Yat since his introduction. My main problem with the Corps title is that all of the characters that receive focus are pretty dull, except for Guy Gardner, Mogo the Planet, and Bzzd, the wasp. The Rannian, the Thanagarian, the Korugarian, the Princess, and Sodam Yat just bore me to tears. I guess with the corps I prefer the less human like lanterns.
ChuckMoore
QUOTE(Glen Davis @ Nov 30 2007, 08:08 PM) *
Just got the latest issue of Green Lantern Corps. It's basically a punch up between Daxamite GL Sodam Yat and Superman Prime while Yat's life runs through his head.

I have not like Yat since his introduction. My main problem with the Corps title is that all of the characters that receive focus are pretty dull, except for Guy Gardner, Mogo the Planet, and Bzzd, the wasp. The Rannian, the Thanagarian, the Korugarian, the Princess, and Sodam Yat just bore me to tears. I guess with the corps I prefer the less human like lanterns.

I SO need to catch up on my Green Lantern reading. I'm still Pre-Sinesto Corps. I swear I'm play catch up from one event to the next these days. Still trying to catch up with my X-titles so I can read Messiah CompleX. The Sinestro Corps stuff looks so good. I may have to break down and read in that direction a little.

I agree on the non-human Corps members. They always intrigued me more as well...
Glen Davis
Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps came out on the same day this week. The Sinestro Corps. war is over. The ending seemed a little disjointed, but pretty good despite that. We find the big event for 2009.

Green Lantern was great stuff. Green Lantern Corps. continued focus on characters I don't like, so I liked it less. Kyle is as usual a self centered whiner, the primary alien GLs are dull. Only Guy Gardner is the least bit interesting. It's amazing how long I spent hating the character, but after Beau Smith got ahold of him, he's now pretty interesting.
Ben Tinsley
QUOTE(Glen Davis @ Dec 19 2007, 02:08 PM) *
Green Lantern and Green Lantern Corps came out on the same day this week. The Sinestro Corps. war is over. The ending seemed a little disjointed, but pretty good despite that. We find the big event for 2009.

Green Lantern was great stuff. Green Lantern Corps. continued focus on characters I don't like, so I liked it less. Kyle is as usual a self centered whiner, the primary alien GLs are dull. Only Guy Gardner is the least bit interesting. It's amazing how long I spent hating the character, but after Beau Smith got ahold of him, he's now pretty interesting.

Yeah, Beau made a believer out of a lot of us.
Glen Davis
Green Lantern #26 came out today. On the whole it was a decent epilogue type issue.

My concern is that the commentary and references to the War on Terror are more numerous and more obvious. While I'm very mucha Freedom of Speech kind of guy, I think it is dangerous for DC to do this, especially with the shrinking comic book market. Looking at the utter failure of the recent spate of anti-war on terror movies like Redacted and Rendition, it seems...downright stupid, if not suicidal to wade into those waters. And no, I don't think putting pro war messages in the GLC book would help matters any.

Please note: This is not a political post. I'm just questioning whether inserting such messages is a smart way to sell comics in the current market.
Ben Tinsley
QUOTE(Glen Davis @ Dec 28 2007, 06:19 PM) *
Green Lantern #26 came out today. On the whole it was a decent epilogue type issue.

My concern is that the commentary and references to the War on Terror are more numerous and more obvious. While I'm very mucha Freedom of Speech kind of guy, I think it is dangerous for DC to do this, especially with the shrinking comic book market. Looking at the utter failure of the recent spate of anti-war on terror movies like Redacted and Rendition, it seems...downright stupid, if not suicidal to wade into those waters. And no, I don't think putting pro war messages in the GLC book would help matters any.

Please note: This is not a political post. I'm just questioning whether inserting such messages is a smart way to sell comics in the current market.

You make a good point. Everyone's crazy button -- whichever way you stand on the issue -- seems to be set off when opinions on the war are voiced. ((I think mine just got set off.))

But on the other hand, I'm getting sick and tired of living in a world where we have to self-censor and withold our very valuable opinions becuase we don't want people on the other side of the issue to pick up rocks and start throwing them on us. "We" being both a community of comic book lovers and writers in general.

Maybe "we" as a comics community should start insisting on more civility when we discuss matters such as these. Keep those stones from being thrown. Tempers and passions get WAY out of control and innocents get caught in the crossfire. And the point of what we're saying gets lost in the chaos.

I remember a couple of years ago when my ex-wife, who lives in Texas, told me she was going to take my son with her to an anti-war protest. This is Texas, where being a Democrat is a very lonely position to hold.

All I did for the next 24 hours was fear for my son's safety. Perhaps that was an overreaction on my part, but like I said, everyone has a CRAZY button. Look at what happened with the Dixie Chicks. The last thing I wanted was my baby boy, who was basically just there because his mom took him there, being confronted by people demanding to know why his mom was holding an anti war sign. All I could see in my mind's eye were the torches and pitchforks of the angry mob. (Didn't happen, BTW.)

I guess my point is, the war is a very real and valid part of our lives. Every one of us has SOME connection to someone who is serving in that war and running the very real risk of dying. This isn't some intellectual argument.

Very real people, very honorable people, are going to go off to fight that war. Many of them won't come back. But what are they fighting for? Shouldn't we allow every person who has an opinion to speak their minds without fear of reprisal? Isn't that ultimately what we are Americans are fighting for, be it in Iraq or in the courtrooms or on the streets or at the polls?

Sometimes writers who feel there is something very valuable that needs to be said and explored tuck their convictions into their writing. A lot of the reason they do that is because they feel no one would listen if they said this stuff out loud. That's where a lot of our finest literature comes from.

I haven't picked got my copy of Green Lantern #26 yet, but if Geoff Johns indeed tucked observations on the war into it as you said, it wouldn't be any different than what Jonathan Swift did in 1729 when he published "A Modest Proposal," a satirical essay in which he suggested the Irish eat their own children to deal with the hunger, poverty and overpopulation problem. I'm fairly certain Swift didn't REALLY advocate canibalism, but he sure as heck got people's attention. Passed it off as entertainment and we remember it to this day.

Bottom line, let's stop treating the war as some issue that's separate from our everyday lives. Becuase it isn't. Let's stop having to couch our thoughts with prefaces like "this isn't a poltical post." Say what you have to say, Brother. I promise you someone will listen. And if you feel threatened, stand behind me while you talk and I'll shield you from the rocks while you finish your sentence. Whether you are for the war or not.

God. I think I'm channeling Dennis Miller with this rant of mine. I'll stop now.

Thanks.
ChuckMoore
We momentarily interrupt this discussion for some sweet, sweet art...

This art comes to me via an advance solicited GREEN LANTERN/SINESTRO CORPS SECRET FILES #1 poster set to go on sale on August 27, 2008. Art for the poster is by Ivan Reis & Oclair Albert.
Glen Davis
Got issue #17.

Guy and Kyle move to Oa. Mongul talks to his dead sister's rotting head. At least they kept the other supporting Gl's out.
ChuckMoore
Glen, I agree completely regarding the Corps. To me they were always the group you turned to for the interestingly different aliens. The earlier runs of this series did a great job of bringing alien culture along with characteristics to the stories. If I wanted a humanoid focused space series, I'd advocate the return of Ferrin Colos and the Darkstars or leave it to the professionals... The Legion of Super-Heroes.
Glen Davis
Got GL #27. A good cameo with the Scarecrow. Other than that, there is the formation of the alpha lanterns and the other rival corps. I'm more interested in the rival corps than the alph lanterns, but I guess I'll have to be patient.
better
I have not read it before, I would love to read its this edition. This is looking great on Cover page.
Glen Davis
More information on the Alpha Lanterns

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=146011
Conscientious Sequentials
Yeah, Newsarama is also running a preview of next week's GL Corps right now on its front page.
BrightParis
I have read Green Lantern and now, i m reading it again.Any current update about this.
Glen Davis
GLC Came out. More of the alpha Lanterns, with a focus on Boodika. Not bad.
Glen Davis
Issue #28 of Green Lantern really doesn't have much to do with Hal Jordan. He stands around while Laira is put on trial for killing Amon Sur, then has another little talk with Sinestro.

The cool stuff that happens is about the formation of the Red Lanterns.

Read it for that.
Glen Davis
GLC #22 came out. If continues the story with Boodika. I'm still not very interested in her story, but the story was okay, if a bit predictable. More on the Red Lanterns, which is the story I'm interested in.
Glen Davis
GL #29 came out. It's the first part of an arc showing Hal Jordan's origin, and the connexion to Atrocitus and the Blackest Night prophecy.

I liked it despite the lack of Green Lantern action. Some bemoaned the way John Stewart was portrayed, but that's not one of my oxes to gored.
Glen Davis
Geoff Johns talks Green Lantern

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=15826
Glen Davis
GLC focuses on the small number of lanterns n practically every issue. Other than Guy, the only one I find at all interesting is Stel. They are pursuing sinestro rings and find Mongul on the other end. Pretty good stuff, just would like to see some of the other 7190 GLC members.
Glen Davis
GL #30, more on the origin of Hal Jordan. Not bad. We get a tiresome scene of Hal defending Thomas Kalamaku from a racist pilot to show what a good guy Hal is. I rolled my eyes at this. All Kalamaku had to do was go to a lawyer and the pilot would be fired forthwith. It also tends to make Kalamaku look like a helpless victim instead of a real human being. It's like Johns hasn't figured out that Hal's origin doesn't take place in 1958 anymore. I think it's about time that cliche got put out to pasture.

The rest...is immemorial.
Glen Davis
GLC #24 was okay. The Lanterns try to rescue Arisia and Sodam Yat from Mongul's Black Mercy plants. There's a lot of recap about the plants, but that isn't too bad, as the origin hasn't been done in a while

I enjoyed most of it, being the focus was mainly on Guy and Bzzd, the wasp. The cliffhanger at the end was almost something like Geoff Johns would do. It was surprising and fitting and made me want to read the next issue.

The only thing wrong with the issue is that Yat survived.
Glen Davis
Green Lantern #31 is the next part of Hal Jordan's origin. Not bad, we see Hal's first time on Oa, his first meeting with Tomar Re, and the first time Sinestro was made aware of Hal, and the first mention of Ganthet.
Glen Davis
GLC #25 continues the adventures of the regulars on the Black Mercy planet, talking to the mother of all Black Mercy plants, and discovering Mongul's plan. Slow, and unweildly issue.
Glen Davis
Green Lantern #32 continues the retconned origin of Hal Jordan. Hector Hammond gets a big head, and Hal Jordan becomes a test pilot, becasue the's the last pilot Carol has left.

Not bad, if a bit over familiar to me for the most part, still quite good. Atrocitus is roaming around, and no good can come from that.
Glen Davis
GLC #26 was a fairly good issue, winding u the latest battle with Mongul. I was really disappointed with the death in the issue, however, as that particular charater was the only interesting member of the supporting cast.
ChuckMoore
I agree Glenn. Disappointing loss.
Glen Davis
GL #33 continues the origin of Hal Jordan. Sinestro comes to earth and receives a message from Abin Sur. The two GLs go after Atrocitus, and we see Black Hand for the first time.

Not bad, but I can't help but wish we'd just get to Rage of the Red Lanterns and the color wars.
Glen Davis
GLC #27 is a pretty decent preview of the Black Lantern conflict.

We're introduced to a Green Lanter that can talk to the dead. He doesn't seem too annoying. I'm glad to see new GL's, especially if they're not as boring as most of the regular cast.

Guy and Kyle open their restarount to great success.

Kyle flirts with Soranik Natu (Ack!)

Someone's killing the families of Green Lanters and dumping their eyeballs on Oa.

Not bad.

Glen Davis
GL #34 keeps the origin of Hal Jordan trucking, as Hal and Sinestro battle Atrocitus, and we get some of Black Hand's origin, too. Too bad there's no Invisible Destroyer.

Fairly decent, but this arc is just too long.
Glen Davis
GLC #28 is okay. The honor lanterns go after the perp from last issue. Ice shows up on Oa. Saarek is given mysterious orders from Guardian Scar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.